It’s out of control. My life.
No complaints. No surrender. I’m in the flow and the river is a class 4 rapid. I’m strapped in and my paddle is sturdy but then, sometimes I hit a rock.
I realize I have not shared with many of you the news of my impending cookbook. I’m working on the bones right now. A steady stream of anxiety and exhilaration to be sure.
Work has been a 24/7 proposition lately and I need to slow down.
I’m often the social buzz kill who cultivates more work than play. Not today.
Today, I want to be surrounded by others. Friends. Food comrades. And I have a series of golden tickets to redeem.
- 7:00AM wash and blow dry from my hair stylist and confident, Jenny (she always makes coffee and arrives with energy to spare)
- 9:00AM car drive (alone at last) from Burbank to Costa Mesa
- 10:20AM arrival at the White on Rice studio. greeted with love by Diane and graciously welcomed into the studio
- 10:25AM hugs, hellos and grapefruit mimosas (um, I’m a Kitchen Aid juicer attachment convert)
- 11:00AM photography, happiness and life lessons from Todd and Diane @whiteonrice
- 12:00PM cooking demo by the elegant Christina Ferrare and her beautiful, irreverent daughter, Alex T. (cucumber carppacchio made possible with a Kitchen Aid slicer
- 1:00PM generous and delicious lunch amonsgt friends and other food obsessed bloggers (I didn’t check my email once)
- 2:00PM meringue by Joy the Baker, my cookbook heroine and all around wonderful gal (I’m not sucking up for an autograph)
- 3:15PM share the news with Diane about cookbook and experience chills (is this a dream? she’s got chills too)
- 3:30PM travel up the 405 freeway (music blaring) to arrive early for drinks with @eatingrules (I didn’t drink ALL the Rose)
- 5:45PM scoot over to FIG Santa Monica for VOSS water dinner with some amazing chefs Louise Mellor and Gaby Dalkin
Three of my favorite bloggers in one day? A golden ticket.
And the links to the day that happiness built: